The Design Exchange Awards promote Canadian design excellence and recognizes the critical role of design in all types of organizations including commercial entities (large and small businesses), not-for-profit organizations, and the public sector. The Awards celebrate the success stories achieved through close partnerships between clients and designers. The DXAs are Canada's only award program to judge design by results, balancing function, aesthetics, and economic success.
• Expand national understanding of design as an essential resource
• Demonstrate that investment in design impacts overall business success
• Celebrate effectiveness in all design disciplines
• Highlight the critical role of design in enhancing quality of life
• Reinforce the value of strong client/designer partnerships
• Promote the critical role of design in sustainability
A jury of leading business executives, designers and community leaders will select a Gold, Silver, Bronze and two Honourable Mentions in each of the thirteen categories.
For more information, contact:
Noa Bronstein, Director, Adult Programs
416-216-2120 or 1-877-663-2102
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 6:00 pm
Members of the general public are welcome to purchase tickets. Please contact Daniela Mason at 416.216.2119 or firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase your tickets.
November 24, 2011 - February 26, 2012
Each year the winning projects from all DXA categories are exhibited at the Design Exchange for an approximate period of three months. Past DXA exhibitions have traveled across Canada and as far afield as Korea, to be shown alongside the best in international design. An exhibition preview follows the Awards dinner for winners and their clients.